1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Da Huz's Note:
A delicious and healthy soup. Serve with some wheat rolls and flavorful white cheese (we like Comte). If you want something a little more hearty, grill some sausages and serve on the side or in the soup - the flavors go very well together. This makes a good starter to a Thanksgiving meal, especially since potatoes and tomatoes originated in the Americas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the tomatoes in half, scoop out the seeds and discard.
- 2Peel and mince half the garlic.
- 3Combine minced garlic, tomatoes, and 1 tbsp olive oil in a baking dish and roast at 425 F until the tomatoes are shriveled (about 30-40 minutes).
- 4Cut the sweet potatoes in half the long way, place cut-side down in a dish, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, and roast at 425 for 25 minutes (can be done with the garlic and tomatoes).
- 5Chop the onion, peel and chop the carrots, and chop the celery.
- 6Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet and cook the onion, carrots, and celery until the onion turns translucent (10 minutes or so).
- 7Combine onion/carrot/celery mixture with stock in a saucepan. Remove skin from sweet potatoes and add to saucepan. Simmer uncovered for 40 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, chop tomatoes and reserve (along with the minced garlic).
- 9Add thyme, chives, and sage to the soup. Use an immersion blender to process the soup until smooth. Alternatively, remove and process in a food processor (may have to do this in steps if your food processor is not large enough).
- 10Chop the parsley and walnuts. Ladle soup into bowls. Place a large spoonful of the tomato and garlic into the center of each bowl and garnish the soup with walnuts and parsley. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Sweet Potato and Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.6
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 49.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: