Recipe by cheesyrice
This is my take on a chowder recipe that I had found and changed to make more convenient. It's a great soup for the Fall season with both the flavor and the color. It's warming and smooth and very filling! I recommend straining it through a fine mesh colander after it's been blended for extra smoothness, but of course that's entirely up to you :)
- 453.59 g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 236.59 ml frozen corn, thawed
- 1 celery rib, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 1419.54 ml chicken broth or 1419.54 ml vegetable broth
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 2.46 ml dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- On a baking sheet, drizzle sweet potatoes with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and mix until thoroughly coated. Roast in oven until tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- In a large pan, heat about 1 tbsp of olive oil, add onions, celery, and some salt and sweat on medium-low heat, until tender.
- Add garlic and thyme and cook another minute.
- Pour in chicken broth, corn, and the cubed potato and season. Bring to a boil, and simmer until potato is soft.
- Add sweet potatoes and parsley and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Using a blender, thoroughly puree the soup. For extra smoothness, strain through a fine-mesh colander. Return to heat and simmer and season to taste for another 5 minutes. Ladle into bowl and enjoy!