Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Inspired by a favorite snack at my favorite restaurant, Bottega in Birmingham, AL. Served with pita chips, I find it best.
- 16 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces roasted sweet peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup capers, rinsed of brine
- 1⁄2 cup sultana, reconstituted in apple juice
- 2 tablespoons basil, julienned
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Toast bread crumbs in butter over, til browned. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together goat cheese, sour cream, and olive oil until smooth.
- Mix in roasted sweet peppers, capers, sultanas, and basil til combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with toasted bread crumbs.