Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Had this little gem tucked away with a lot of old papers. "a very simple recipe that I use a great deal, which is just roasting a whole onion. It is such an easy way to do them and they're so delicious." Julia Child. How could I not include it? The quantities should be adjusted to suit your personal taste, recipe calls for ingredients with no quantities.
- 2 whole sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon melted margarine
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roast onions whole (pierced in 5-6 places with knife), as is (that is with skin on or off).
- If you choose to, microwave on high - 5 minutes on high
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- Then season with cheese or not, olive oil, butter or margarine, salt and pepper.
- Enjoy - they are yummy!
- *I used grated Parmesan cheese.