Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 sweet onions
- 1 head garlic
- 6 roma tomatoes
- grated mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheeses
- olive oil
- italian seasoning, blend
- salt and pepper
- Remove the outer skin from the onions but leave some of the skin to protect the meat.
- Slice them lengthwise, drizzle with olive oil and lightly salt.
- Break a bulb of garlic into cloves but don't peal them.
- Wrap the cloves tightly in foil with 2 or 3 drops of water.
- Slice six Roma tomatoes into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Put all of the above on a cookie sheet and roast in a preheated 325°F oven for 45 minutes.
- All the above can be done the day before.
- Roll your preferred dough to fit a cookie sheet and blind bake under weights or dry beans for 10 minutes at 350°F.
- When the dough is cooled somewhat, cut the tips off the garlic cloves and squeeze that glorious goo on to the dough and spread.
- Put down a layer of tomatoes, then a layer of onions.
- Season to taste with Italian blend, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover with grated mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes, until the exposed crust is golden brown.