1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the outer skin from the onions but leave some of the skin to protect the meat.
- 2Slice them lengthwise, drizzle with olive oil and lightly salt.
- 3Break a bulb of garlic into cloves but don't peal them.
- 4Wrap the cloves tightly in foil with 2 or 3 drops of water.
- 5Slice six Roma tomatoes into 1/4 inch rounds.
- 6Put all of the above on a cookie sheet and roast in a preheated 325°F oven for 45 minutes.
- 7All the above can be done the day before.
- 8Roll your preferred dough to fit a cookie sheet and blind bake under weights or dry beans for 10 minutes at 350°F.
- 9When the dough is cooled somewhat, cut the tips off the garlic cloves and squeeze that glorious goo on to the dough and spread.
- 10Put down a layer of tomatoes, then a layer of onions.
- 11Season to taste with Italian blend, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- 12Cover with grated mozzarella and Parmesan.
- 13Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes, until the exposed crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Sweet Onion, Garlic and Tomato Tart
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.7
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 9.1 g