Prep 5 mins
Cook 17 mins
This is one of my family's favorite breakfasts and it is a great way to use up some of that extra zucchini from the garden in a new way. Note: The onion slices must be completely flush with the baking sheet to prevent the egg from seeping out the bottom of the onion.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly coat the onion rings and zucchini in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes. If you prefer your onions completely soft, leave them in for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the zucchini sticks over on the other side. Carefully crack an egg in the center of each onion ring. Sprinkle with parsley and a smidgen of garlic powder over each egg. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake for 6 to 9 minutes, or until the eggs are set to your preference.
- Place the zucchini sticks side-by-side on a plate. Using a spatula, carefully lift a ring of onion and place it on top of the zucchini, repeat with the remaining.