1/1 Photo of Roasted Sunny-Side up Eggs in Rings of Onion over Zucchini Stick
Cooking Creation's Note:
This is one of my family's favorite breakfasts and it is a great way to use up some of that extra zucchini from the garden in a new way. Note: The onion slices must be completely flush with the baking sheet to prevent the egg from seeping out the bottom of the onion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Lightly coat the onion rings and zucchini in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes. If you prefer your onions completely soft, leave them in for 8 minutes.
- 3Remove from the oven and turn the zucchini sticks over on the other side. Carefully crack an egg in the center of each onion ring. Sprinkle with parsley and a smidgen of garlic powder over each egg. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4Bake for 6 to 9 minutes, or until the eggs are set to your preference.
- 5Place the zucchini sticks side-by-side on a plate. Using a spatula, carefully lift a ring of onion and place it on top of the zucchini, repeat with the remaining.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Sunny-Side up Eggs in Rings of Onion over Zucchini Stick
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.5
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 75.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 6.9 g