Prep 8 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a recipe my sis and me came up with as a quick and healthy dip for a busy weeknight. It is creamy and has a lovely fresh taste from the bell pepper, while the roasted sunflower seeds add a great depth of flavour. I hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds, shelled (organic preferred)
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, diced
- 80 g feta cheese, diced (fat-reduced is fine)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (optional)
- black pepper
- Heat a frying pan til quite hot. Dont add any oil or fat.
- When the pan is hot add in the sunflower seeds and roast them for a few minutes until they start to brown. They will smell roasty when theyre ready and have a nice brown shimmer.
- Set aside.
- In a high rimmed bowl combine feta cheese, garlic powder, bell pepper and rosemary if using. Add sunflower seeds. Puree using a hand held blender until it has a nice creamy consistency. There will still be chunks, but thats ok.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
I almost always have all the ingredients for this recipe on hand, so I made a double batch to take to Friday night drinks at work. Everyone loved it and I brought home an empty bowl. The rosemary is an important addition. Thanks for sharing your creation.