Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These veggies make a great side dish, used in salads, sandwiches or roasted chicken. From Southern Living Magazine
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 lb.)
- 3 yellow squash (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cut eggplant into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and place in a single layer on paper towels. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoons salt, and let stand 20 minutes.
- Cut zucchini and yellow squash into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut bell pepper into 1/2-inch strips. Cut onion halves into 1/2-inch slices.
- Toss together vegetables, olive oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoons salt, and pepper; place in 3 lightly greased broiler pans or jelly-roll pans.
- Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once. Remove from oven, and sprinkle evenly with basil and parsley.
WOW! All I can say is WOW! Thanks for posting.
So easy to make, and so so good.
We had a ton of veg to use from the garden and this recipe was it.
I used yellow, and zukes, onion, carrot, and parsnip.
I can not wait to make this again.
A real keeper!
I used this recipe loosely to roast up some veggies. I will use the leftovers to make your veggie sandwich tomorrow. Very nice! Made for KK's Grilling game.
We loved the fresh herbs in this recipe. I threw in a few mushrooms that needed to be used up- very easy to do, and tasty!