Recipe by Ms*Bindy
Are you up to your neck in summer squash and zucchini? Here's a quick and tasty recipe for you. I've listed the servings as serves 4, but I eat the whole thing for lunch.
- 1 medium summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- While the oven is heating, put the butter into a shallow roasting pan and into the oven until it melts. The butter is not necessary for this recipe, but I like the richer flavor that it adds. You can very well omit it if you'd like.
- Cut up the squash and zucchini into 1-2 inch chunks. I quarter them lengthwise and then slice up the spears. Don't make the chunks too small or else they may become too soft when roasted.
- Halve or slice the mushrooms thickly.
- Put all the ingredients (except the butter which is in your pan melting) into a zip bag and toss to coat everything. Empty the bag into your roasting pan and roast for 20-25 minutes, stirrig once after about 10 minutes.