1/1 Photo of Roasted Summer Squash Boats
Kitty Z's Note:
Something a little different for your squash, inspired by twice-baked potatoes. This will work better with a straight, long squash
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice squash in half lengthwise. With a sharp spoon, scoop out the soft inside portion of the squash to form a canoe shape. Chop the squash innards roughly and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a frying pan. Add onions and garlic, saute for one minute.
- 3Add squash innards and cook, stirring, about 2-3 minutes until most of the excess water has evaporated.
- 4Mix in cheese and tomato paste, cook 2-3 more minutes.
- 5Spoon this filling evenly into each squash boat. Sprinkle seasoning and pepper on top.
- 6Place boats in a nonstick baking dish, and bake at 170C for 20-25 minutes (depending on the size and thickness of the boats).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Summer Squash Boats
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.8
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 196.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: