Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Try these roasted tomatoes stuffed with a mixture of tuna and homemade mayonnaise for a light lunch.
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 fresh lemon rind, finely grated
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- salt and pepper
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips for garnish
- fresh basil leaf (to garnish)
- Halve the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds.
- Divide the sun-dried tomato paste among the tomato halves and spread carefully around the inside of the skin.
- Place on a cookie sheet and roast in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the mayonnaise.
- In a food processor, blend the egg yolks and lemon juice with the lemon rind until smooth.
- Once mixed and with the motor still running, slowly add the olive oil.
- Stop the processor as soon as the mayonnaise has thickened.
- Add the tuna and capers to the mayonnaise and season wich salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the tuna mayonnaise mixture into the tomato shells and garnish with sun-dried tomato strips and basil leaves.
- Return to the oven or serve chilled.