Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Massimo makes marvelous desserts - and this one is divine!!
- 4 peaches, firm but ripe
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup amaretti cookie
- 1⁄2 ounce amaretto liqueur
- 4 teaspoons dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 vanilla bean, split in two
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Split the peaches in two and remove the pit, scoop out some of the flesh from the peach and set it aside.
- Put the cookies, the flesh of the peach, the amaretto and the cocoa powder in a food processor and spin until finely chopped.
- If the stuffing is too liquid add a few social tea cookies (it shouldnt be too dry).
- Fill the middle of the peaches.
- In a baking dish add the wine, the sugar and the vanilla bean.
- Arrange the peaches relatively snug and sprinkle with the butter.
- Bake at 450F for 20- 30 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, whipping cream or frozen yoghurt.