1 hr 15 mins
Source: Food Network, The Naked Chef, Jamie Oliver. Serve with roast, steak or bratwurst.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the onions in plenty of water for 15 minutes, until slightly tender. Remove from the pan and allow to cool. Remove the top 1 inch of each onion and reserve. If need be, slightly trim the stalk end of the onion so that they sit flat on a roasting tray.
- 2Cut about a heaped tbsp out from the inside of each onion, keeping the outside intact. Finely chop along with the reserved onion top.
- 3Pre heat the oven to 400°F.
- 4Heat a frying pan and add a little olive oil, garlic, chopped onions and a little chopped rosemary. Fry for a couple of minutes then turn the heat down and add the cream. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan and season to taste.
- 5Wrap a rasher of bacon around each onion and secure with the sharpened rosemary twig or half a cocktail stick.
- 6Place the onions on the roasting tray and spoon some of the filling inside each one. Bake for 25 minutes.
- 7Place the onions on a warmed serving plate, warm through any remaining filling and serve on the side.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Stuffed Onions - the Naked Chef, Jamie Oliver
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.5
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.9 mg
- Sodium 965.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: