Don't remember where I found this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the onion
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 3 ounces sausage meat
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon, zest only
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
For the sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Slice off the top of the onion and reserve.
- 3Slice a slither off the bottom of the onion to enable it to stand up.
- 4Scoop out the centre of the onion, leaving a 1/2" thick shell.
- 5Finely chop a quarter of the inner red onion.
- 6In a medium bowl, combine the remaining onion ingredients until well mixed.
- 7Stand the onion in a small roasting tin and stuff with the sausage meat mixture.
- 8Place the top back on the onion.
- 9Roast for 12-15 minutes or until the sausage meat is cooked through and the onion is beginning to soften.
- 10Gently simmer the red wine, tomato puree and stock in a small saucepan until reduced by half.
- 11Add the butter and swirl the pan until well combined and glossy. Serve the roasted onion drizzled with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Stuffed Onion in Red Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 771.2
- Calories from Fat 470
- Total Fat 52.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 132.9 mg
- Sodium 1688.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: