Recipe by Sharon123
These are sweet, spicy, and savory! You won't pass up a single bite from this dish! From Cooking with Caprial, American Bistro Fare.
Top Review by DogAndCatDoc
This is one of those recipes for which there are just not enough stars. I even cheated and used steamed peppers instead of roasted. I also used crystallized ginger chopped for extra sweetness...a great contrast with the heat of the curry. I used a combination of very hot curry and a mild curry. I chose a brown basamati rice and used a very sweet Walla Walla onion. You are absolutely right when you describe this dish as being sweet, savory and spicy. I will make this often...good enough for company! thanks for sharing!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice (I like brown short grain)
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt and black pepper
- 4 whole red bell peppers, roasted (or use yellow peppers or combo of both)
Directions See How It's Made
- To Roast Peppers:.
- Preheat the broiler. Place the peppers on a baking sheet or in a shallow ovenproof dish and broil until the skins blister and turn brown. Turn the peppers until charred on all sides, about 15 minutes.Transfer the roasted peppers to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside to cool.
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle, peel the skins and remove stems and seeds(see below). Use immediately(in recipe) or make extra and drizzle with olive oil and store in the fridge for up to 2 months.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan until very hot. Add the garlic, onion, and gingerroot and saute until you can smell the aroma. Add rice and mix well. Remove from the heat. Add the mozzarella, cream, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well and cool before stuffing the peppers.
- Preheat oven to 375*F. After you have peeled the peppers carefully to keep them whole,cut off the tops and remove seeds. Stuff each of the peppers with about 1/2 cup stuffing. Place on a baking sheet greased with olive oil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot. Enjoy!