Recipe by OneYetTwo
Here is a delicious side dish that goes great with steak. The shallots and garlic start to caramelize adding a depth to the dish. These green beans certainly are not your typical beans. If you really want to add something to dish roast some cherry tomatoes along with the beans, they add a great burst of flavor. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb string bean, trimmed and washed
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 slices bacon, crisped and crumbled (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and trim string beans.
- Slice shallot and garlic.
- Combine all ingredients, except bacon, in a baking dish and toss well. Make sure everything is evenly coated evenly.
- Place in oven and cook for about 20 minutes, if you like a more tender bean cook for 25 minutes.
- When beans are done place in serving dish and toss with crumbled bacon.
- Serve hot.