Recipe by kadela1
This is a perfect treat for the kids on those hot summer afternoons. Recipe provided courtesy of Driscoll Strawberry Associates.
Top Review by Manami
Hello Chef, found this lovely dessert on Meals For You and we tried it. Fantastic! We served them to a few visitors that had been working all day, need I say more? They were wolfed down! We made them just as posted but added chopped toasted almonds. Delicious! Thank you for posting such a great dessert, Diane :=)
- 1 lb strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons framboise liqueur or 2 tablespoons brandy or 2 tablespoons raspberry flavored syrup
- 1 pint ice cream, any flavor but vanilla works best
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Rinse, drain and hull berries.
- Turn into bowl and sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Turn coated berries into shallow casserole or 10-inch ovenproof skillet and arrange in a single layer.
- Roast, stirring twice, until berries are just softened and syrup forms, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Stir in framboise.
- Let cool 5 to 10 minutes.
- Divide ice cream between 4 bowls.
- Spoon warm berries and sauce over top. Serve immediately.