Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is so simple to put together, but people think you have laboured over it. I leave my ice cream canister in my freezer during the summer months for quick and easy desserts. Roasting the strawberries really brings out the delicious flavour of the strawberries and makes this sherbet pop!!!
- 1 lb strawberry (hulled, halved or quartered if large)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F Combine strawberries and sugar in a 13x9x2" baking pan. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean and add pod; toss to combine. Roast berries, stirring occasionally, until juices are bubbling, 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
- Discard pod. Purée berries, buttermilk, sour cream, and salt in a blender until smooth. Make sure the mixture is well chilled before adding it to the ice cream maker. Process mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer sherbet to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
- DO AHEAD: Sherbet can be made 1 week ahead. Keep frozen. Let soften at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.