Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have yet to try - but didn't want to lose this recipe! It was sent to me via email from Glutenfreeda.com! I cannot wait for fresh summer strawberries to try it!!! Let me know what you think if you get to it before I do!!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter, chilled
- vanilla ice cream
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add 2 Tbsp butter to oven safe skillet and melt in oven. Add Vanilla to butter to butter and combine.
- Place strawberries, cut side down in skillet andsprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes or until berries are soft. Remove pan from oven.
- With a slotted spoon, remove berries from pan and set aside to let cool.
- Add wine and vinegar to skillet and simmer over medium heat until reduced slightly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in chilled butter.
- To serve, spoon ice cream into dessert bowls, top with warm strawberries and drizzle with sauce.
It's great but I thought it would be better. Maybe the strawberries should be roasted longer to give a special taste. I removed them from the oven when they were moist but they didn't get any color. The sauce is great, but I was not too sure about the wine. I'll try the leftover on pancakes. It should be great. Thanks ukichix :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game