Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another winner from Fine Cooking Magazine.
Make and share this Roasted Strawberries recipe from Food.com.
- Pre heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine strawberries and sugar.
- Transfer strawberries to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until soft.
- Let the pan cool on a rack.
- Put strawberries and juice in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream (or use as a topping for any dessert desired.
Yep, take it from one who knows, you'll miss it when these are gone...AND remember, everything goes better with Sambucca.
I added a vanilla bean and a little port and Grand Marnier to this, fantastic!! Went deliciously with low fat vanilla ice cream.
Yum! The roasting brings out a super sweetness of the berries while holding a lot of their shape. There wasn't a lot of juice or syrup released, but the berries alone were superb on French vanilla ice cream.