1/3 Photos of Roasted Squash, Potatoes, Shallots & Herbs
This is wonderful, healthy, warming dish for these cold months. I've also added Sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots and pearl onions. You can mix and match any root veggie you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 unpeeled butternut squash, seeded and cut in 12 pieces (about 1-1/2 lb)
- 2 lbs unpeeled whole baby potatoes, washed or 2 lbs fingerling potatoes, are good too
- 12 large shallots, peeled
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil (more or less to taste and diet)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 3 leaves fresh sage
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Combine squash, potatoes shallots and garlic in large shallow baking pan.
- 3Drizzle with oil.
- 4Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Top with herbs.
- 6Bake 45-50 minutes, turning once after vegetables are browned on one side.
- 7The skins of the potatoes and squash have lots of fiber and vitamins so I leave them on you can remove them if you want.
- 8Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Squash, Potatoes, Shallots & Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: