This is wonderful, healthy, warming dish for these cold months. I've also added Sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots and pearl onions. You can mix and match any root veggie you like.
- 1 unpeeled butternut squash, seeded and cut in 12 pieces (about 1-1/2 lb)
- 2 lbs unpeeled whole baby potatoes, washed or 2 lbs fingerling potatoes, are good too
- 12 large shallots, peeled
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (more or less to taste and diet)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 3 leaves fresh sage
- 1 sprig thyme
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine squash, potatoes shallots and garlic in large shallow baking pan.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with herbs.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, turning once after vegetables are browned on one side.
- The skins of the potatoes and squash have lots of fiber and vitamins so I leave them on you can remove them if you want.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.