This is wonderful, healthy, warming dish for these cold months. I've also added Sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots and pearl onions. You can mix and match any root veggie you like.
- 1 unpeeled butternut squash, seeded and cut in 12 pieces (about 1-1/2 lb)
- 2 lbs unpeeled whole baby potatoes, washed or 2 lbs fingerling potatoes, are good too
- 12 large shallots, peeled
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (more or less to taste and diet)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 3 leaves fresh sage
- 1 sprig thyme
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine squash, potatoes shallots and garlic in large shallow baking pan.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with herbs.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, turning once after vegetables are browned on one side.
- The skins of the potatoes and squash have lots of fiber and vitamins so I leave them on you can remove them if you want.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Really great recipe. I did leave off the sage because it is one herb that I just don't care for. It was still a great recipe. Will make again for sure. Thanks for the great recipe.
Delicious roasted vegetables. Used potatoes, carrots, turnips and rutabagas with fresh sage and thyme and dried rosemary. The recipe does depend on the olive oil to brown and crisp the vegetables. If you decide to use rutabagas, cut them much smaller than the other vegetables in order to have them cooked in the same amount of time.
Greatway to fix root veggies, easy and tasty. I used Banana Squash, Small red potatoes, sliced onions (as i forgot to buy shallots), used dried rosemary,sage & thyme,turned out yummy. Will be using this recipe again & again. Thank you Rita.