Recipe by WorkingMom2three
Found this recipe on the internet.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
The flavor of these roasted veggies is awesome. It's a wonderful combination of vegetables. The olive oil, salt, pepper & garlic promote delicious flavoring. The only problem is that the veggies never get the crisp, roasted texture because there is too much liquid. Even though I seeded the tomatoes, they gave off a lot of liquid. I think I will try this recipe again with these changes: 1. try using cherry tomatoes (whole); 2. drain off the extra olive oil before putting on the baking sheet; 3. use two baking sheets so the veggies can be spread out more. We do love the flavor and the healthy veggie combination. This recipe will be made again. Thanks! ~Made for Spring PAC~
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, ends trimmed
- 8 green onions, trimmed
- 1 red pepper, cored and sliced into eighths
- 1 yellow pepper, cored and sliced into eighths
- 4 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise & seeded
- 1⁄4 cup good quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss well. Marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spread the vegetables onto a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender and nicely caramelized.