Recipe by Scoutie
These are very simple and very delish! I usually pound the breasts to about an inch thick, so they cook evenly. Depending on who is coming for dinner, I will add more seasonings to make it more spicy. Before adding the mayo mixture, I season the chicken with a bit of Lawry's salt. This is adapted from Paula Deen, (actually her sons) Food Network.
Top Review by Froggus.
the most moist chicken breasts i've ever roasted! i had to tweak the times and temperature a bit (400*, for 15-20 minutes) as i was working with tenders rather than halves .. but it turned out delciously! instead of seasoning the 'naked' chicken with season salt, i used a pinch of garlic salt and a twist of freshly ground black pepper. served with garlic parmesan rice. would be lovely with a green vegetable side, as well! thank you!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 (8 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon zest, paprika, celery seeds, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Arrange the chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
- Slather the mayonnaise mixture over the chicken.
- Bake until the juices run clear when the chicken is pricked with a fork, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and serve hot.