Recipe by Princess Lisa
Easy to make oven roasted spicy sweet potatoes. Smells great while it is cooking. From Epicurious. I make the 6x the spices and store in a spice jar and use on a single sweet potato brushed with olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 lbs medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Coarsely grind coriander, fennel, oregano, and red pepper flakes in an electric coffee/spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle. Stir together spices and salt.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1-inch wedges.
- Toss wedges with oil and spices in a large roasting pan and roast in middle of oven 20 minutes. Turn wedges over with a spatula and roast until tender and slightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes more.