Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Real Simple.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 lbs carrots, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces or 2 lbs baby carrots
- 1⁄4 cup white raisins
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- Heat oven to 400º F.
- Combine the oil, garlic, sugar, cumin, salt, cinnamon, and carrots in a shallow baking pan. Roast 20 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Remove from oven and add the raisins, lemon juice, and parsley. Toss well.
- (Can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
Great taste and easy. I didn't have raisins and it is good without them. Will make this again.