Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is ideal for spring sugar peas with tender pods. Quick to make and a grand new way to do peas.
- 1 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 1 large shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Toss peas, shallot, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and spread in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven, stirring once halfway through, until the peas are tender and beginning to brown slightly, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with bacon if desired.
We loved this recipe! The flavor is so good. Because I did not have enough peas I chose to add carrots to ours. Still came out delicious.
This is the best and easiest recipe. Even my pea hating DH liked this and ate his whole portion. I basically halved the recipe, but used one whole shallot. Roasting brought out the sweetness of the peas and shallots. I may not fix peas any other way. Thanks for this wonderful recipe.