Recipe by Manami
Ina Garten, copyright 2006. These are awesome! Really great idea, as if she had kicked them up a notch! This recipe can easily be doubled and can me made in less than 15 minutes. Can be made with all diet friendly products, and is great.
Top Review by Scoutie
So easy and so good, guests just gobble this up! 1 lb. of shrimp to serve 4 seems more like it for us. LOL I use sweet relish for the dressing instead of the pickles, omit the capers and add a bit of horseradish for a kick. Don't worry if you have leftover dressing, it is great on salads. Be sure not to exceed the 6 minute time limit as it makes the shrimp tough. Thanks so much for posting, Manami, I just LOVE Ina Garten's recipes!
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
FOR THE DRESSING
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon minced capers (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced gherkin
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet pickle
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- MAKE THE SHRIMP:.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place the shrimp on a sheet pan and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil, garlic and lemon juice over the shrimp, and roast for 5-6 minutes.
- MAKE THE DRESSING:.
- Prepare this ahead of time, so you won't be rushed. Place all the ingredients in a bowl, and stir until blended.
- Serve at room temperature.