Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Ina Garten, copyright 2006. These are awesome! Really great idea, as if she had kicked them up a notch! This recipe can easily be doubled and can me made in less than 15 minutes. Can be made with all diet friendly products, and is great.
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
FOR THE DRESSING
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon minced capers (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced gherkin
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet pickle
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- MAKE THE SHRIMP:.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place the shrimp on a sheet pan and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil, garlic and lemon juice over the shrimp, and roast for 5-6 minutes.
- MAKE THE DRESSING:.
- Prepare this ahead of time, so you won't be rushed. Place all the ingredients in a bowl, and stir until blended.
- Serve at room temperature.
So easy and so good, guests just gobble this up! 1 lb. of shrimp to serve 4 seems more like it for us. LOL I use sweet relish for the dressing instead of the pickles, omit the capers and add a bit of horseradish for a kick. Don't worry if you have leftover dressing, it is great on salads. Be sure not to exceed the 6 minute time limit as it makes the shrimp tough. Thanks so much for posting, Manami, I just LOVE Ina Garten's recipes!
Like Riflchik, I made the shrimp but not hte sauce. I didn't have gherkin nor sweet pickle, so I served it with Rita's Remoulade Sauce (#87124). I did half the sauce recipe. The shrimp were wonderful, they are juicy and moist. Very easy to make and very healthy for those counting calories. I served them for my guest and they loved them too. Thank you Manami
I love this recipe! I don't make the sauce, since I am trying to stick to a diet, but the shrimp always come out excellent and truly don't need it! The shrimp get 5 stars! I truly have no idea about the sauce, hence the 4 star rating.