Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
I like this over pasta or rice. The sauce is to die for.
Make and share this Roasted Shrimp With Champagne-Shallot Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups Brut champagne
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 3⁄4 lbs uncooked large shrimp (13-15/lb.0, peeled and deveined)
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Simmer Champagne and shallots until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 25 minutes.
- Combine 3 1/2 tbsp oil, shrimp, 2 1/2 tsp thyme, and 1 3/4 teaspoons lemon peel in large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Position 1 rack in bottom third of oven and 1 rack in top third of oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brush 2 heavy large, rimmed baking sheets with oil.
- Arrange shrimp on sheets. Roast until opaque, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring sauce base to simmer; remove from heat. Whisk in butter in 4 additions. WHisk in remaining 1 teaspoons thyme and 1/2 tsp lemon peel. Season with salt.
- Top pasta or rice with shrimp. Spoon some of sauce over, sprinkle with parsley. Serve, passing remaining sauce seaparately.