2 hrs 10 mins
I like this over pasta or rice. The sauce is to die for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Brut champagne
- 1/2 cup minced shallot
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 3/4 lbs uncooked large shrimp (13-15/lb.0, peeled and deveined)
- 3 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 2 1/4 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1Simmer Champagne and shallots until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 25 minutes.
- 2Combine 3 1/2 tbsp oil, shrimp, 2 1/2 tsp thyme, and 1 3/4 teaspoons lemon peel in large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 3Position 1 rack in bottom third of oven and 1 rack in top third of oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brush 2 heavy large, rimmed baking sheets with oil.
- 4Arrange shrimp on sheets. Roast until opaque, about 6 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, bring sauce base to simmer; remove from heat. Whisk in butter in 4 additions. WHisk in remaining 1 teaspoons thyme and 1/2 tsp lemon peel. Season with salt.
- 6Top pasta or rice with shrimp. Spoon some of sauce over, sprinkle with parsley. Serve, passing remaining sauce seaparately.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Shrimp With Champagne-Shallot Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.6
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 268.1 mg
- Sodium 317.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 32.2 g