Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
The BEST shrimp salad I have ever tasted--definitely company worthy! Quick and easy is a bonus. From The Barefoot Contessa as published in House Beautiful.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs shrimp (16-20 count)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (2 oranges-I only needed 1)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons red onions, small-diced
- mixed greens
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel/devein shrimp.
- Place on sheet pan with olive oil, 1 t salt, 1/2 t pepper and toss together.
- Spread in one layer and roast for 6 to 8 minutes just until pink and firm.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, 1/2 t salt, 1/2 t pepper.
- When shrimp are cooled, add them to sauce and toss.
- Add dill, capers and red onion and toss.
- Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or chill and serve at room temperature.
- Serve over mixed greens.
Great Salad! Everyone loved it!
Very good. Perfect Summer lunch!