1/1 Photo of Roasted Shrimp and Orzo
Source: Barefoot Contessa
My Private Note
orzo sa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and a splash of oil, and bring the water to a boil.
- 3Add the orzo and simmer for 9 to 11 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it's cooked al dente.
- 4Drain and pour into a large bowl.
- 5Whisk together the lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- 6Pour over the hot pasta and stir well.
- 7Meanwhile, place the shrimp on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 8Toss to combine and spread out in a single layer.
- 9Roast for 5 to 6 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through. Don't overcook!
- 10Add the shrimp to the orzo and then add the scallions, dill, parsley, cucumber, onion, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- 11Toss well.
- 12Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend, or refrigerate overnight.
- 13If refrigerated, taste again for seasonings and bring back to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Shrimp and Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 190.5 mg
- Sodium 869.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 28.8 g