Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
this is a nice dish served with fried rice, but it also makes a super easy appetizer and you can make extra marinade to use as a dipping sauce.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 -2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- chopped scallion (to garnish)
- combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl, whisk well to make the marinade (this can be made in advance and refrigerated for several weeks).
- preheat oven to 500F.
- add shrimp to marinade, let it sit at room temperature 5-10 minutes.
- remove shrimp and place them on a baking sheet.
- discard marinade.
- roast shrimp 5-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- sprinkle with scallions, serve.
YUMMM, these are great! The only change I made was that I grated the ginger because it's easier that way with my little ginger grater. We had this with roasted asparagus but I agree with chia that it would be great with fried rice and would also be a terrific appetizer. Very quick, easy and delicious, it gets 5 stars!