Recipe by David Hawkins
I had a new "lean" appetizer at Cheese Cake Factory and found it to be a bit bland, so decided to up the ante and come up with my own version of the recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb shishito green peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ponzu sauce
- 1 tablespoon nanami togarashi
- 1 teaspoon habanero sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground szechuan peppercorns
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse all peppers.
- Mix the Nanami Togarashi with the ground Szechuan peppercorns. The 1/8 teaspoons is purely a guide. ground Szechuan peppercorns have a powerful flavor, I suggest you add it a shake at a time and test the powder mix before you add to the other ingredients. Don't overwhelm the Nanami Togarashi with the ground Szechuan peppercorns.
- Add Oil, Sauces and spices to a large mixing bowl, mix well with a whisk.
- Add peppers to the mixing bowl and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Place on a cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Adjust slightly to make sure you don't burn, but everything getting a slightly blackened crispy texture is desirable.
- Serve immediately. If desired, shake a bit more of the Nanami Togarashi to the dish if desired.