1/2 Photos of Roasted Shishito Peppers
W.C. Medows's Note:
I had a new "lean" appetizer at Cheese Cake Factory and found it to be a bit bland, so decided to up the ante and come up with my own version of the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Rinse all peppers.
- 3Mix the Nanami Togarashi with the ground Szechuan peppercorns. The 1/8 teaspoons is purely a guide. ground Szechuan peppercorns have a powerful flavor, I suggest you add it a shake at a time and test the powder mix before you add to the other ingredients. Don't overwhelm the Nanami Togarashi with the ground Szechuan peppercorns.
- 4Add Oil, Sauces and spices to a large mixing bowl, mix well with a whisk.
- 5Add peppers to the mixing bowl and toss until thoroughly coated.
- 6Place on a cookie sheet or baking pan.
- 7Roast for 20 minutes. Adjust slightly to make sure you don't burn, but everything getting a slightly blackened crispy texture is desirable.
- 8Serve immediately. If desired, shake a bit more of the Nanami Togarashi to the dish if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Shishito Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (4 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.9
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shishito green peppers
ground szechuan peppercorns