Recipe by Elmotoo
I've been making this forever from my Fields of Greens cookbook. I went to add it to a menu & it isn't posted here. Had to fix that. ;)
Top Review by momaphet
These shallots are delectable! The flavors are all savory delicious; this is comfort food at its best. I used 2 large shallots and less then half of the other ingredients, I may have had more liquid to begin with then I should have but I liked it. I did cook them for about 15 minutes more to get them really roasted and cooked through. I did 5 minutes extra with foil and 10 more without. Made for the Best of 2013 tag game.
- 1 lb shallot
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Cut the ends off the shallots and peel them. If you are struggling with getting the skin off, make a shallow cut along the length of the shallot and then peel. Place them on a small baking sheet and drizzle them lightly with olive oil.
- Pour on the balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with a good pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Use a rubber spatula or your hands to mix well.
- Lay down the thyme sprigs and cover the pan with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove and discard the thyme sprigs. Allow to cool slightly and serve.