This is a nice dressing to have on hand. It makes a simple tossed salad very special. It would also be nice as a baste for chicken or even salmon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400^F.
- 2In a medium glass baking dish combine the shallots, garlic and 1/2 cup olive oil.
- 3Stir to coat evenly.
- 4Cover and bake until tender and golden, about 40 minutes, stirring now and then.
- 5Drain shallots and garlic and place in a blender or food processor.
- 6Reserve oil.
- 7Puree shallots and garlic and transfer to a heavy medium skillet.
- 8Add remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, stirring to combine.
- 9Over medium heat, continue stirring until brown, about 3 minutes.
- 10Return to processor and add remaining ingredients, including the reserved oil.
- 11Process until well blended.
- 12Season to taste.
- 13Can be made ahead and refrigerated.
- 14Bring to room temperature before using.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1642.1
- Calories from Fat 1465
- Total Fat 162.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1214.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 7.6 g