Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a nice dressing to have on hand. It makes a simple tossed salad very special. It would also be nice as a baste for chicken or even salmon.
- Preheat oven to 400^F.
- In a medium glass baking dish combine the shallots, garlic and 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Stir to coat evenly.
- Cover and bake until tender and golden, about 40 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Drain shallots and garlic and place in a blender or food processor.
- Reserve oil.
- Puree shallots and garlic and transfer to a heavy medium skillet.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, stirring to combine.
- Over medium heat, continue stirring until brown, about 3 minutes.
- Return to processor and add remaining ingredients, including the reserved oil.
- Process until well blended.
- Season to taste.
- Can be made ahead and refrigerated.
- Bring to room temperature before using.
Great dressing for a spinach salad with lentils, pickled onions, roasted zucchini, beet chips and kale chips... but not a kid friendly meal (I was trying to imitate the salad at Nordstrom's Bistro and it was pretty good... I still need to work on it). My husband said he would not like it as a regular salad dressing.
Good recipe and flavor. The dressing came out a little thick, so next time I am going to try adding a little more vinegar and a splash or two of Merlot or Cab Sav. Then puree for a while. Overall, it is a great base. PS Add salt and pepper also.
Great recipe, I made this to go with Prosciutto-wrapped Asparagus. The only change I made was to reduce the garlic to two cloves as I didn't want a strong garlic taste. Thanks for posting!