Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Gourmet. May 1990
- 2 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted lightly
- fresh lemon juice
- In a large shallow baking dish toss the asparagus with the oil, coating it well, and bake it in a preheated 500°F oven, shaking the dish every 2 minutes, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until it is almost al dente.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with the shallot and the sesame seeds, bake it for 1 minute, or until it is al dente, and sprinkle it with the lemon juice and salt to taste.