Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Have a real taste of sesame in the cookies.
- 125 g butter
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 drops vanilla
- 300 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 g sesame seeds, roasted
- Preheat oven on 180 c.Grease the baking tray.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.Mix half of the sesame seeds in it.
- Beat butter and sugar to a soft cream.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Now gradually work in the flour mix.Mix it well with hands.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Sprinkle remaining sesame seeds on the rolled dough.Roll once again.
- Cut them using a round cookie cutter.Arrange them on the baking tray,keeping them at a certain distance one from the other.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven as soon as they turn golden,although some of them might still be soft.
- Delicately detatch them from the baking tray, letting them cool on the wire rack.
- They will become crispy and maybe kept in glass jar.