1/2 Photos of Roasted Sephardic (Yemenite) Chicken With Potatoes
2 hrs 5 mins
This is so easy, you'll want to make it all the time. It's so tasty, you'll be craving it all the time! The best part is when someone bites into the potatoes and has that look of ecstasy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 roasting chicken, cup up into all its parts, and cleaned, skin on
- 5 potatoes, sliced into 1/2inch rounds (I love Yukon Gold, but Russet will do fine!)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced (you can use whole cherry tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (can use more if you don't have restrictions)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon hawaij
- 1/2 tablespoon ground allspice
- kosher salt (don't be skimpy here!!)
- ground black pepper
Optional (but is a must for my family)
- garlic (I use 6 cloves) (optional)
- green pitted olive (I use 2 handfuls) (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 450deg F.
- 2In a large pan, place the chicken, potatoes, onions, red pepper, and the optional ingredients (if you're using them), and drizzle all the spices and olive oil on top, and mix well to coat everything (I recommend doing this with latex gloves as the turmeric can be a real pain to take off of skin!).
- 3Relayer so that the chicken skin side is up and that all the chicken is on one layer. Add the tomato slices (or whole cherry tomatoes).
- 4Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30min.
- 5Reduce heat to 400degF, and continue cooking for 1 and a half hours longer.
- 6It's ready when a fork easily breaks the potatoes, and the chicken is soft.
- 7Remove foil, and broil for 3-5minutes until chicken skin and potatoes are crispy on top (careful not to burn!).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Sephardic (Yemenite) Chicken With Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.0
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 50.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: