Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Roast store-bought or homemade seitan for a crisp crust. Try out different marinades and oils (toasted sesame oil is my favorite).
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb seitan (if homemade, this is the amount of seitan you get from 1 cup of vital wheat gluten flour)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or any other oil or marinade of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Divide the seitan in 4 pieces and brush the oil or marinade on the seitan.
- Place the seitan on a roasting rack in a large pan.
- Roast for 40 minutes, turning the seitan halfway through.