Recipe by Chef Au Vin
From the book White House Chef: Eleven Years, Two Presidents, One Kitchen by Chef Walter Scheib and Andrew Friedman.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups pears, peeled and thinly sliced (from about 2 pears, Seckel or any ripe pear)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl; combine the balsamic, butter, lemon juice and zest, sugar, garlic, ginger, and black pepper. Stir together well.
- Add the pears and gently toss to coat them.
- Arrange the pears on a nonstick baking sheet in a single layer without crowding.
- Roast until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.