Chef Au Vin's Note:
From the book White House Chef: Eleven Years, Two Presidents, One Kitchen by Chef Walter Scheib and Andrew Friedman.
My Private Note
pear ha ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups pears, peeled and thinly sliced (from about 2 pears, Seckel or any ripe pear)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a medium bowl; combine the balsamic, butter, lemon juice and zest, sugar, garlic, ginger, and black pepper. Stir together well.
- 3Add the pears and gently toss to coat them.
- 4Arrange the pears on a nonstick baking sheet in a single layer without crowding.
- 5Roast until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Seckel Pears
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 1.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 0.4 g