A lovely recipe for shellfish lovers to have on hand for a small dinner get-together. Great with "Sauce Choron"! If you prep the fresh tomatoes and seafood ahead of time it goes together quickly. I first made this for best friends & it was an instant hit. Good with angel hair pasta. Notes: You want peeled, deveined shrimp, preferably extra-large or large. If scallops, sea or bay scallops. I like to omit the ground cayenne and substitute 2 tsp. ("Flora" brand) Hot Crushed Peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups plum tomatoes (fresh, seeded and chopped)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (julienned)
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (scant)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (minced)
- 1Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- 2Have your shrimp (large or X-large, peeled & deveined) or scallops (either sea scallops or bay scallops) drained and patted dry. You can also use frozen shrimp, thawed.
- 3Set the seafood aside in the refrigerator until the tomato layer is prepared and roasted THROUGH step 6.
- 4Seed and chop the fresh plum tomatoes. Mix them together with the rest of the ingredients for the Tomato Layer.
- 5Spread the mixture evenly in a gratin or other shallow baking dish suitable for high heat.
- 6Roast @ 500 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until bubbly.
- 7Remove the gratin from the oven and layer your seafood on top.
- 8Return to the oven and continue roasting until the shrimp are pink, or the scallps are opaque on the outside but still translucent in their centers; about 5-10 minutes.
- 9Garnish with minced fresh parsley, and serve very hot with "Sauce Choron" (see my recipe) and angel hair pasta if you like.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Scallops or Shrimp With Tomato
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.0
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 177.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 23.9 g