Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 lb shallot, cut into 1/4 inch-thick wedges
- 1 lb yukon gold potato, cut in half lengthwise,then into thin slices
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb zucchini, cut in half lengthwise,then into 1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄2 lb yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise,then into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 12 ounces precooked flavored chicken sausage or 12 ounces low-fat turkey sausage
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Combine shallots, potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini and squash in a large bowl.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and fennel seeds.
- Cut sausage into 1-inch pieces; toss with vegetables.
- Spread evenly on baking sheets; roast for 20 minutes, tossing gently once with a spatula.
- Test a shallot (it should be soft without an oniony"bite") and a potato, which should be tender.
- Place a portion of rice on each of 4 plates; top with vegetables and sausage.