Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A good easy hearty meal. You could use different veggies or meat. It's the roasting in olive oil that is the secret of this recipe.
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cored,seeded,and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cored,seeded,and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb Italian pork sausage
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer in one or more large shallow roasting pans; do not crowd them or they will not brown.
- Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir well.
- Roast the vegetables, stirring once or twice, for 45 minutes.
- Pierce each sausage in two or three places with a fork.
- Place the sausages on top of the vegetables.
- Bake for 15 to 30 minutes, or until the sausages and vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve hot.
This was very tasty. I took Bergy's advice and added the peppers along with the sausages which I browned first. The next time I will wait and add the onions then too. I had to remove the onions halfway through because they were starting to burn. Thanks for a great recipe.
We loved this dish. I wanted to make it a little lower in fat, so I only used 2 tablespoons of olive oil which was still plently. I also substituted one package of Boca (meatless) Italian sausages for the pork sausage and baked the sausage and vegetables together for 15 minutes at the end.
True comfort food! I used sweet Italian turkey sausage and red potatoes. I just roasted everything together for about an hour and it turned out beautifully. So tasty! I will definitely be making this again!