A good easy hearty meal. You could use different veggies or meat. It's the roasting in olive oil that is the secret of this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer in one or more large shallow roasting pans; do not crowd them or they will not brown.
- Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir well.
- Roast the vegetables, stirring once or twice, for 45 minutes.
- Pierce each sausage in two or three places with a fork.
- Place the sausages on top of the vegetables.
- Bake for 15 to 30 minutes, or until the sausages and vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve hot.