Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A good easy hearty meal. You could use different veggies or meat. It's the roasting in olive oil that is the secret of this recipe.
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cored,seeded,and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cored,seeded,and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb Italian pork sausage
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer in one or more large shallow roasting pans; do not crowd them or they will not brown.
- Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir well.
- Roast the vegetables, stirring once or twice, for 45 minutes.
- Pierce each sausage in two or three places with a fork.
- Place the sausages on top of the vegetables.
- Bake for 15 to 30 minutes, or until the sausages and vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve hot.
This was very tasty. I took Bergy's advice and added the peppers along with the sausages which I browned first. The next time I will wait and add the onions then too. I had to remove the onions halfway through because they were starting to burn. Thanks for a great recipe.
We loved this dish. I wanted to make it a little lower in fat, so I only used 2 tablespoons of olive oil which was still plently. I also substituted one package of Boca (meatless) Italian sausages for the pork sausage and baked the sausage and vegetables together for 15 minutes at the end.
Very nice. My DH loved it. We used brats instead of Italian sausages.