Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
A good easy hearty meal. You could use different veggies or meat. It's the roasting in olive oil that is the secret of this recipe.
Top Review by Fluffy
This was very tasty. I took Bergy's advice and added the peppers along with the sausages which I browned first. The next time I will wait and add the onions then too. I had to remove the onions halfway through because they were starting to burn. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cored,seeded,and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cored,seeded,and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb Italian pork sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer in one or more large shallow roasting pans; do not crowd them or they will not brown.
- Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir well.
- Roast the vegetables, stirring once or twice, for 45 minutes.
- Pierce each sausage in two or three places with a fork.
- Place the sausages on top of the vegetables.
- Bake for 15 to 30 minutes, or until the sausages and vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve hot.