Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Recipe Reader
I was intrigued by this recipe, and I'm so glad I decided to give it a try. It's really delicious! I cut this down for two people with just 2 sausages, and we both really loved it. The original recipe from The Food Network calls for 2-4 Tablespoons of dry red wine (Chianti) to be added to the grapes in Step 3, and cooked down a bit. So my version included this. I will definitely make this again, and I look forward to serving this to guests!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hot Italian sausage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet Italian sausage
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 -7 cups red seedless grapes or 6 -7 cups green seedless grapes, stems removed
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Parboil the sausages in water to cover for 8 minutes, to rid them of excess fat.
- Melt the butter in a large roasting pan; add the grapes; toss to coat.
- With tongs, transfer the parboiled sausages to the roasting pan and push them down into the grapes so the sausages will not brown too quickly.
- Roast in the oven, turning sausages once, until the grapes are soft and the sausages have browned, 20-25 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the sausages and grapes to a heated serving platter.
- Place the roasting pan on top of the stove over med-high heat and add the balsamic vinegar; scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the roasting pan, and let the vinegar and juices reduce until they are thick and syrupy.
- Pour the sauce over the sausages and grapes; serve immediately.