Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Really nice flavor-add hotter peppers and more garlic if you wish.
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 4 tomatillos, husks removed and cut in half
- 4 whole jalapenos
- 1⁄2 head roasted garlic
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped well (not fine, but not huge)
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut in half and seeded
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2-1 bunch cilantro, chopped well
- Turn oven onto broil.
- Place tomatoes and tomatillos cut side down on a baking sheet (line it with heavy duty foil of you wish) and broil tomatoes and tomatillos to blistered and black.
- Remove from oven and set in a coliander to drain.
- Roast Jalapenos and yellow pepper the same way.
- Remove and set aside to cool to touch.
- Peel the skins off of the tomatoes, tomatillos and peppers and chop.
- Place in a large glass or plastic bowl.
- Mash the roasted garlic well and with the remaining ingredients add to the bowl and toss well.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.