Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs 25 mins
Marcia Kiesel, Food & Wine
Make and share this Roasted Salmon With Spaghetti-Squash recipe from Food.com.
- 1587.57 g spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 29.58 ml fresh orange juice
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red chili pepper, minced
- 2.46 ml finely grated orange zest
- 1.23 ml finely grated lime zest
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 680.38 g skinless center-cut salmon fillets, cut crosswise into thin slices
- 2 large kirby cucumbers (halved lengthwise, seeded and cut into thin half moons)
- 29.58 ml shredded mint
- Preheat the oven to 500°F In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the squash until al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the 2 tablespoons of oil with the lime and orange juices, garlic, chile and orange and lime zests. Season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully transfer the squash halves to a large bowl and let cool. Using a fork and starting at 1 end of each piece of squash, scrape up and separate the strands. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Spread the salmon slices on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the salmon for about 3 minutes, or until barely cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cucumbers, mint and dressing with the squash strands. Mound the salad on plates, top with the salmon and serve.
Very good and an interesting change for dinner. Used lemons instead of limes and forgot the chili pepper -- still great! Thanks for sharing!