Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of those great meal ideas for after work. I'm always looking for quick, easy and delicious dinners that combine fresh ingredients in a flash. I believe this originally appeared in Good Housekeeping magazine but have seen it on other cooking sites with no reference.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dill, divided
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a 15 1/2" x 10 1/2" jelly roll pan, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Roast potatoes in oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove pan from oven. With spatula, push potatoes to one end of the pan to make room for the fish.
- Place fish in pan, sprinkle with 1/2 t. salt. Return to oven and continue roasting with potatoes for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily and potatoes are brown. At this point, you may need to remove the fish and continue roasting the potatoes until done.
- Transfer fish to a platter, top with horseradish sauce and half of the fresh or dried dill.
- Toss potatoes with remaining dill and serve alongside the salmon.