Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Bon Appétit, September 1999, Cooking for Health this recipe got lots of great reviews.
- 1 large orange, unpeeled, sliced
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 skinless salmon fillets (3-ounce each)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- additional unpeeled orange slice
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place orange slices in single layer in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Top with onion slices.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until onion is brown and tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F.
- Push orange and onion slices to side of baking dish.
- Arrange salmon in center of dish.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and 1 1/2 tablespoons dill.
- Spoon orange and onion slices atop salmon.
- Roast until salmon is opaque in center, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix orange juice, green onions, lemon juice and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons dill in small bowl.
- Transfer salmon to platter.
- Spoon onion alongside; discard roasted orange slices.
- Pour orange sauce over fish.
- Garnish with additional orange slices.
- per serving: calories, 196; total fat, 10 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 55 mg.